Cumin Spiced Okra with Olive Oil Fried Egg
The most delicious cumin spiced okra topped with olive oil friend egg
Write a review
- 1 tb. canola oil
- 1/4-1/2 of onion thinly sliced
- 1 lb. fresh okra rinsed and dried completely
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2-1 tsp. chopped green chili such as jalapeño (opt.)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- a squeeze of lemon
For Friend Egg
- Small nonstick pan
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil (enough to fill pan with about 1/2 inch oil
- fresh eggs
- Rinse okra well and dry completely. Slice okra. To reduce some of the slime from okra, either dry sliced okra in refrigerator overnight in single layer, or microwave in single layer for 1 minute. Heat oil on medium heat then fry sliced onion until translucent. Add okra, pinch of salt, chili, garlic, and cumin seeds. Saute for a couple of minutes, add chopped tomatoes. Saute briefly, then sprinkle on ground cumin and squeeze lemon over dish. Mix and serve.
For Friend Egg
- Cook one egg at a time. Heat olive oil on medium to medium high heat until oil is hot. Carefully crack and slide egg into hot oil. Let egg fry until the edges get nice and crisp. Carefully spoon hot oil over egg if you like it a bit more cooked. Remove from pan with a slotted spatula when yolk reaches desired doneness. Serve with okra. Enjoy!
- If you are unsure about okra, trust me, this recipe will change your mind! I love this with a fried egg, and olive oil fried egg, in my opinion, is the most delicious! Also very good without egg, and served with hot naan bread.
Purple Ways http://www.purpleways.com/