Thai Mango and Sticky Rice
Easy Rice Cooker Mango and Sticky Rice
Write a review
- 2 cups sweet rice, soaked over night, or at least 4 hours
- 4+ Mangoes - as many as you want
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (Chao Koh, Mae Ploy, or Trader Joes are my favorite)
- Any sugar (white or brown is fine) or maple syrup
- A couple of Tbs. of sesame seeds
- Soak the sweet rice over night, or at least 4 hours. This will help make it glutinous/sticky. Rinse well with fresh water. Add water up to the line in rice cooker depending on cups of rice. Cook in rice cooker on sweet rice setting. In the meantime, heat coconut milk on low heat, avoid boiling. Add sugar or maple syrup for desired sweetness. Peel and cut mangoes into bite size pieces. Toast sesame seeds in small pan until golden; be careful, seeds can burn quickly. Once rice is done, serve while warm, drizzle with sweetened coconut milk, layer mangos on top, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Sorry folks, I don't know how to do sticky rice the old fashioned way, the way my dad used to do it on the stove, which involves cheese cloth, a steamer, and a spray bottle. Nope. This version is done in a rice cooker. Much less intimidating and accessible.
- As you've probably noticed, I make suggestions on different quantities, depending on how much you want to make. Adjust amount of sugar, mangoes, and/or coconut milk when serving depending on your taste!
Purple Ways http://www.purpleways.com/